HOLIDAY SKIN SURVIVAL GUIDE
You know you’ll to be eating richer, sugar and carb-laden foods over these next couple of weeks. You’ll be partying and getting less sleep, entertaining more. And you also know.…your skin’s likely to show it. Here’s a quick holiday skin survival guide to keep your skin happy.
How to combat the 3 S’s: Sleep, Stress, Sugar:
1. Take the time to cleanse your skin 2x daily for ONE MINUTE.
2. Remove make-up before bed — NO EXCUSES!
3. Stay hydrated — Drink a lot of water, especially between those holiday cocktails. If water isn’t your drink of choice, give non-sugared carbonated water a try — it’s very refreshing and is a tasty way to increase your daily water intake.
4. Get 8 hours or more of sleep every evening. This practice goes a long way towards overall good health.
5. Don’t roll your eyes, but have you thought about meditation for stress relief? I had the same reaction when a friend recommended Insight Timer app to me. I’ve found this app to be a helpful resource for relaxing music, talks and yes — guided meditation. Small breaks each day for this stress-relieving activity is so relaxing, so welcome. Don’t we deserve 5–15 minutes of down time? Yes, we do!
6. Buy & have on hand a simple mud or clay mask. Try “Queen Helene” brand. Apply on any breakout right away to draw out toxins and to dry out the blemish. It’s a good idea to use this type of mask several times daily and it’s ok to keep on overnight.
7. If you have painful, red breakouts — remember, this is an area of inflammation and what’s good for inflammation? ICE. Put ice in a soft towel and place on area for a few minutes. You may repeat as often as needed. Follow with a mud mask. DO NOT extract these since doing this will cause scarring and possibly worsen the infection.
8. Do not self-extract. Exception: If there is a “head” on the pimple and it seems ready to open up, cleanse gently and place a warm towel on the area to soften skin, then with 2 q‑tips, pull the skin away from the area. Usually, the infection inside will release. Dab with a wet, warm towel and immediately place a bit of mud/clay mask to further dry out the blemish.
9. Call me! I can help with a quick extraction! Or text with questions. (My phone number is above.) And of course — don’t forget about your skin treatments. Even a quick, 30-minute deep pore cleansing treatment is helpful for getting rid of dead skin, bacteria and congestion. Let me know how I can help you.